Pumpkin Bread (Boule). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Bread, much like wine, will get better with time. The more the yeast can do its job, the more. Add the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and beat together. You can cook Pumpkin Bread (Boule) using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread (Boule)
- It’s of (about 250g) bread flour.
- Prepare of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare of instant yeast.
- Prepare of sea salt (less if using table salt).
- It’s of nut, seeds, granola, or whatever you want to add!.
When pumpkin puree is cool, add to flour mixture. Place in fridge and proof overnight. Place pumpkin purée, water, salt, yeast, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Place pumpkin purée, water, salt, yeast, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
Pumpkin Bread (Boule) instructions
- If you don't have it ready made, roast pumpkin and make pumpkin puree. You'll need 80g for the bread. Let cool before using puree for bread dough..
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups bread flour, 1 tsp yeast, and 1/2 tsp sea salt..
- When pumpkin puree is cool, add to flour mixture..
- Cover bowl and proof the dough at room temperature for 2-3 hours..
- Place in fridge and proof overnight..
- The next morning, take dough out from fridge. Wait 1 hour at room temperature..
- Add seeds, nuts, granola, etc. into dough..
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place an oven-safe tray underneath for water. The water will create steam to make the crust of the bread crisp..
- Cut 4 pieces of cooking twine and place them across the top of bowl diagonally. Flip the dough/bowl over onto baking sheet. You can score the bread if you'd like..
- Once oven is done pre-heating, place the bread inside. BE VERY CAREFUL (WEAR GLOVES) and pour some water into the tray at the bottom..
- Bake at 475°F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden..
- Enjoy the lovely bread!.
In contains pumpkin purée which is another name for canned pumpkin. I use the Libby branded pumpkin purée which is the same that I use for pumpkin pie. Pumpkin bread is naturally dense and being able to cream the butter with the sugar and eggs to add air and rise lends a more tender crumb than a bread made with oil. I really wasn't a fan of the oil versions. Pumpkin Puree – There is a good bit of pumpkin in this bread and it sure has lots of flavor, but it also doesn't go overboard.