No-Knead Crusty Bread. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Looking For No Knead? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Crusty homemade bread isn't difficult or time consuming with my no knead, overnight method. The night before you want to bake the bread: Put. Crusty No-knead Dutch Oven Bread – An amazing bakery style Bread with a golden crisp outer crust, a soft, chewy interior with great flavor. You can have No-Knead Crusty Bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of No-Knead Crusty Bread
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dry yeast (active dry or highly active dry work best).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water.
- It’s of Special cookware needed: Dutch oven or any large oven-safe dish/bowl and lid.
- It’s of I used our turkey roaster (with lid) and placed a cake pan (2 inches high – 12/14 inch diameter). It worked perfectly.
If you use the dutch oven you will achieve a crunchy artisan type crust. Add water, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to mix until all the flour is incorporated. Dough will be wet and sloppy – not kneadable, but not runny like cake batter. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, ensuring the yeast and salt are thoroughly distributed throughout the flour.
No-Knead Crusty Bread step by step
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast..
- Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise..
- An hour and a half before you want to eat the bread, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surf.
Add the water and mix by hand till well combined. This loaf of bread is what kicked my homemade bread addiction back into full gear. My sister came to visit a few weeks ago and she had made a loaf of this bread – it was SO delicious! I made her send me the recipe before she left, I made a loaf that night and haven't stopped making it since! This no-knead bread is the perfect starting point for beginner bread.