No-Knead Crusty Bread. The dough is baked in a covered dutch oven for perfect artisan bread. What I love about this bread It's so easy to make. Crusty homemade bread isn't difficult or time consuming with my no knead, overnight method.
If you use the dutch oven you will achieve a crunchy artisan type crust. Add water, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to mix until all the flour is incorporated. Dough will be wet and sloppy – not kneadable, but not runny like cake batter. You can have No-Knead Crusty Bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No-Knead Crusty Bread
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of dry yeast (active dry or highly active dry work best).
- You need of lukewarm water.
- Prepare of Special cookware needed: Dutch oven or any large oven-safe dish/bowl and lid.
- Prepare of I used our turkey roaster (with lid) and placed a cake pan (2 inches high – 12/14 inch diameter). It worked perfectly.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, ensuring the yeast and salt are thoroughly distributed throughout the flour. Add the water and mix by hand till well combined. This loaf of bread is what kicked my homemade bread addiction back into full gear. My sister came to visit a few weeks ago and she had made a loaf of this bread – it was SO delicious!
No-Knead Crusty Bread instructions
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast..
- Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise..
- An hour and a half before you want to eat the bread, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surf.
I made her send me the recipe before she left, I made a loaf that night and haven't stopped making it since! This no-knead bread is the perfect starting point for beginner bread. In a large bowl, stir together your flour, salt and yeast. Make sure to use fresh, non-expired ingredients. Pour in warm water and gently stir until you've created a messy, shaggy dough that looks something like this (above).