Mom's chicken salad. Add the chicken, eggs, celery, pickled onions, sweet relish, and salad cubes to a large mixing bowl. Add in half of the mayo and mix well with a silicon spatula or wooden spoon. Add the rest of the mayo, the cayenne and black pepper.
This recipe my mom found years ago. This is my favorite chicken salad of all time. For me, that dish is my mom's chicken salad. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- It’s 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- Prepare 1 of chopped small onion.
- Prepare 4 of chopped celery ribs.
- You need 2 cups of kraft mayo.
- It’s 1 cup of miracle whip.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Regardless of how many times I have made it or eaten it in my life- I always want more! Not only is this version of chicken salad extremely tasty it is also easy to throw together for an on-the-go lunch. The sweetness of the grapes, the crunch of the celery and almond along with the creaminess of the chicken makes this dish hard to resist. Combine all ingredients except mayonnaise in a large bowl.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry…
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties…
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip…
Add the mayonnaise in increments, until the chicken salad reaches the desired consistency: rich, but not too creamy. Mom's Chicken Salad Keto Chicken Salad is our low-carb take on a classic recipe, using shredded chicken, red grapes, and pecans in a sour cream/mayo dressing seasoned with poppy seeds and Truvia nectar. For now, I am sharing my mom's chicken salad recipe with you for you to make some lasting memories with your own family. Remove the skin, bone and gristle from chicken – pull chunks. In a separate bowl, combine chicken, grapes, apple, celery, and pecans.