Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits and then add to the slow cooker. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf.
Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Clean out the frying pan and fry the beef in the remaining oil in batches until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker. Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add to the cooker. You can cook Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 lb of stewing beef.
- It’s 4 of med. russet potatoes (peeled and diced).
- It’s 1 of med. onion (diced).
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- You need 3-4 of med. carrots (peeled and diced).
- It’s 2-3 stalks of celery (chopped).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 cubes of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of frozen peas.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf. Add the peas and heat through. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew step by step
- Add everything, but peas to Crock-Pot..
- High: 6-7 hours, Low: 9-10.
- Add peas last 30-60 mins.
This is the classic stew, but with tons of flavor. I use Beef Chuck (never the stew meat packaged in stores). I cut out the extra fat, and always add more herbs than are called for. Beef stew is best cooked over low heat for a long period of time, making it a perfect candidate for crock pot cooking. Traditional beef stews are made from cuts of beef like chuck roast, but you can also make a slow-cooked beef stew using meatballs formed with ground beef.