Irish Apple Cake. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! This is an authentic old fashioned Irish apple cake, the kind that would be made throughout the apple harvest season all over Ireland, where every farmhouse has its own prized version of the recipe.
Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well. In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the texture resembles breadcrumbs. You can cook Irish Apple Cake using 12 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Irish Apple Cake
- Prepare of For the puree:.
- You need 6 of big green apples or 8 small green apples (Granny Smith).
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 oz. of butter.
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- You need 2 oz. of butter (room temperature).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 tablespoon of milk (if the dough is too hard).
Add the sugar, egg and enough milk to form a. For the Irish Apple Cake: Cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Next, add in the vanilla then beat in the eggs one at a time. In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder cinnamon, and salt.
Irish Apple Cake step by step
- Puree ingredients:.
- Arrange the apple upright on a cutting board and using a sharp knife cut in half directly to the core.
- Slice each of these halves in half along the middle.
- Use your knife to scoop out the seed portion of each apple slice.
- Then slice apple quarter into half along the middle again,.
- In a saucepan put the apple slices, vanilla and butter.
- On low heat covered saucepan, cook it until boiled, stir well and continue cooking until puree is made (Reserve).
- Dough ingredients:.
- In a bowl put the flour with the butter.
- Combine well.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix well.
- The vanilla.
- Mix well. Only add milk if the dough is too hard, but this kind of dough should not to be soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In 12 by 9 inch diameter baking dish buttered and floured.
- Put the dough.
- And using your fingers press it until it covers the botton of the pan evenly.
- Put the apples puree on the dough.
- Distribute it over the dough.
- Bake for 36 minutes or until the center is set and the top is light brown.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until cold.
- I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
This delightful looking recipe is an Irish class, as the name suggests. It's the kind that would be made throughout the apple harvest season all over Ireland, where every farmhouse would have their own personal variation. It's a classic apple cake, warmly spiced with cinnamon, and goes great with custard. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee in. Apple Cake has to be one of the most delicious cakes a person can bake.