Cheesy Green Bean Casserole. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Drain and rinse beans (My mother always taught me to do this when using canned green beans, to get rid of the "can taste"). If green bean casserole is a must-have in your family at Thanksgiving but you're, well, ready for a change, give this cheesy version a whirl.
Remove cover and top casserole with remainder of Fried Onions and the shredded cheese (use more or less to taste). Instructions Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover green beans. You can cook Cheesy Green Bean Casserole using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 3 cans of cut green beans.
- It’s 1 can (10 oz) of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 bag of cheddar french fried onions.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring. Prepare your bechamel sauce: add butter to the skillet and melt it down on medium heat. Add flour and mix it well.
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Open green beans and pour into pot with the juices, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, strain and pour into baking dish..
- Pour cream of mushroom soup over green beans and then 3/4 of the cheese. Mix together in baking dish..
- Top casserole with fried onions and the rest of the cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until brown on top and cheese is melted..
Make the cheesy sauce: once your bechamel sauce is. In a large bowl, add the drained green beans. Cheesy Green Bean Casserole is an easy side dish recipe made with Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, shredded Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar and topped with Townhouse Light and Buttery Original Crackers and French's Fried Onions. Mix the green beans with the mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese, garlic, and garlic and herb seasoning blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.