Waakye or Waashe with shito(check for my shito recipe). Rice Rice comes in different forms and surprisingly, all forms go with waakye. Think of it, you can easy shito with plain rice, oil rice, waakye, jollof, fried rice and anyway you make your rice. Waakye is typically served with pasta, boiled egg, shito, avocado and any other protein of choice.
In the mean time you can serve your waakye with any spicy sauce you have. I then added the liquid from the waakye leaves am just going to stir it. And am making this the regular way, but I actually prefer my waakye to be nice and soft. You can have Waakye or Waashe with shito(check for my shito recipe) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Waakye or Waashe with shito(check for my shito recipe)
- Prepare of Rice (1 derica or as your desire).
- Prepare of Beans(half derica) it depends as you like it but rice is more.
- Prepare of Ground nut oil.
- It’s of Onions salt.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Tatashe.
- Prepare of Shombo.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare of Maggi.
- It’s of Poroporo(ask the yoruba women that sell agbo).
- It’s of The poroporo gives the rice and beans the reddish color.
- Prepare of Potash(optional)if you have a pressure pot you dont need potash.
And I have a recipe for that soon. First, the preparation of shito pepper sauce begins with the frying of red onions in oil. The sweet taste of this variety of onions goes particularly well with chili peppers. Secondly, add your Garlic, ground green chili peppers, grated fresh ginger, thyme, and diced kpakpo shito peppers.
Waakye or Waashe with shito(check for my shito recipe) instructions
- Add good amount of water into a pot and add the poroporo as seen in the first picture inside the pot allow to boil.such that the water becomes reddish add your beans and add potash(if you like),.
- Once the beans is half cooked,press the beans in a spoon and see if it half done.check if the water is reduced if not add more water because you want to add the rice now,add small groundnut oil and sliced onions and salt,allow it to boil for 3 mins add your washed rice and stir to mix well.cook till the rice and beans gets done.cook on low medium heat.please.
- Once its done.you have to make your stew.blend tomatoes and pepper and onions and shombo.add oil to frying pan add onions,fry add blended pepper mix ad fry till you can see oil floating in the frying pan.add maggi and salt..the way you make your Nigerian stew.i added bay leaves.
- Remember the shito,black pepper i uploaded,it is mandatory,it is Ghanaians signature to eat waakye or waashe with it…compulsory ooo…loool…there is no waakye without shito. vice versa.
- Its very yummie..you can try a small quantity and see.you can add spaghetti by the side and cole slaw..thank you.
Waakye Stew as the name goes is basically a popular stew served with waakye. A good waakye must have a good waakye stew otherwise it's not 'the waakye'. In Ghana, waakye stew is known to be best made by people from the northern parts and it's one of their native dishes so it isn't surprising! First, the preparation of shito pepper sauce begins with the frying of red onions in oil. The sweet taste of this variety of onions goes particularly well with chili peppers.