Apple Cake. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Our Gluten Free Sponges are great for birthdays & all celebrations!
Apple cakes Apple cakes are so comforting and wholesome – no fancy icing here, just lovely flavours. Try it as a dessert, served with custard or a caramel sauce. Make this apple cake in autumn when local apples are at their best. You can cook Apple Cake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Cake
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of wesson oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of pecans.
- It’s 3 cups of fresh apples, dices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut.
- It’s of Glaze:.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
A light sponge cake is topped with apples, sugar and cinnamon before being baked to perfection. Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar,. Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
Apple Cake step by step
- Mix together oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Combine the two mixtures..
- Fold in pecans, diced apples and coconut..
- In a greased pan, bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes..
- Bring brown sugar, milk, and butter to boil for 2 minutes. Pour over hot cake..
Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry mix. Michelin-starred chef Frances Atkins' recipe for apple and olive oil cake is a (slightly) healthy alternative to the usual sugar and butter filled cakes. Naturally sweetened with sultanas and featuring olive oil instead of butter or margarine, this cake is then topped with a crunchy walnut topping and can be served with apple puree and cream. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended, then beat for a minute.