Green Bean Casserole. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Low Prices on Green Pan Casserole. Scoop out the veg onto a plate.
I made this one year for my husband's family at Christmas time, and now they ask for it every year! Place green beans and soup in a large microwave-safe bowl. Transfer green bean mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle with French fried onions and remaining cheese. You can have Green Bean Casserole using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare 2 lb of frozen green beans.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter divided.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried minced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed corn flakes.
Just a few small tweaks make this a vegan green bean casserole, but no one wiletast the difference! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A family favorite for years, this special green bean recipe is a cinch to double and can be assembled ahead. This scaled-down green bean casserole recipe takes a spin on. Make this easy green bean and mushroom casserole as a veggie side to accompany a main course.
Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Cook green beans for 45 minutes; drain well.
- In saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, salt,pepper, sugar and onion;.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture becomes bubbly..
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Fold in the green beans and mix well..
- Pour into greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cover with cheddar cheese..
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and mix with crushed cornflakes. Put on top of casserole..
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
A casserole is an easy-to-prep, classic American comfort food. Serve one of the best variations on green bean casserole at your next holiday. If using fresh or frozen green beans, boil just until tender crisp. You can make green bean casserole with canned green beans, fresh green beans, or frozen green beans. For me, it's all about canned green beans when it comes to creamy green bean casserole.