Roasted Chicken noodle soup. Choose from a large selection of easy-to-prepare meals. Everything you need in one box. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has.
Finally, just bring it back up to a simmer, add raw vegetables, and finish the soup with any leftover chicken meat and cooked egg noodles. Stir in broth, potatoes, and salt. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can cook Roasted Chicken noodle soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken noodle soup
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- You need 2 pounds of carrots (cut in large chunks).
- You need 1 pound of celery hearts (cut in large chunks).
- It’s 1 pound of "no yolk" extra wide egg noodles.
- You need of enough water to fill a large stock pot halfway or more.
- Prepare 6-8 of chicken bullion cubes.
- It’s 1 of onion sliced thin (optional).
- It’s of coconut oil to Sautee onion (optional).
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper (coarse ground).
- Prepare of butter to roast chicken.
This soul-warming soup is deliciously simple–just chicken and noodles. What makes it so good is the homemade roasted chicken stock. Place onion, carrots, celery and garlic around the chicken. Remove from oven and place on burner.
Roasted Chicken noodle soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Take your whole chicken and cut through the backbone and spread out in a baking pan. This process is also called spatchcocking. The breasts should be in the middle with legs and wings facing outward. The inside of the chicken should be facing down in the pan..
- Now you will rub your chicken down with the butter, salt, and pepper. Don't be scared be generous with the love. If you want you can add different seasonings such as rosemary, red pepper flakes, or some Tony's. This is just the basics..
- Add a small amount of water to your pan. Maybe an inch to an inch and a half. Now place the pan with your chicken in it in the preheated oven..
- Your chicken should roast for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the size. The skin should get nice and crispy. Your chicken is done when you poke it with a fork through the thickest part or close to the thigh joints and it no longer bleeds. Clear fluid should come out..
- Once chicken is finished roasting set it to the side or in the fridge to cool off..
- While chicken is cooling get a large pot, such as a stock pot, add water and bullion cubes and bring to a boil. I also added the juice from the pan the chicken was roasted in. You can also add garlic powder, onion powder, or other spices as you would like..
- Once your liquid is boiling add your carrots and celery hearts to the pot and turn down to a slow simmer. Taste and make sure it's flavors are where you want them to be. Adjust as necessary..
- As that is cooking you will need to debone your chicken. As you're pulling the meat off add it to the pot. I also pull the skin off and cut into small pieces before adding to the pot. Same as the beasts..
- Let simmer together to get all the flavors going for about 30 minutes. Once you can stick a fork through the carrot pieces it is cooked. Turn off heat and dump all the raw egg Noodles in and stir. The hot liquid will cook them perfectly. In about 10-15 minutes it will be complete..
- Also if you would like I take my onion slices and caramelize in a pan using coconut oil. I cook until soft and brown and yummy. Then when I fix my bowl of soup I put some of these on top and it is fantastic. I have to do this as the kiddos don't like onion. But I love it. I also like to add a squirt of lemon juice on top..
- Sit down and enjoy with your favorite beverage.
Add broth (and/or water) and turn heat up to high. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. Pour broth in the pot and add the chicken and chopped vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook soup on medium heat and bring the broth to a simmer.