Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup. Adjust the salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary in this recipe to suit your taste. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan Cheese. Sometimes, when I don't have Parmesan on hand, I shred.
Brush the bread cubes with olive oil (or use an oil mister). Place the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Instructions Melt the butter and olive oil in a pot over medium heat. You can have Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- Prepare 2 can of Beef broth.
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- You need of garnish.
- You need 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- It’s 1 of Butter.
Add the onions and cook until the onions have softened and are. Increase the heat to high and add the. Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl.
Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup instructions
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup. Ingredients List: Preparation Steps: Conclusion: Panera French Onion Soup Recipe; Panera Classic French Soup recipe. This soup recipe can be served as the best appetizer. The easy cooking methods and mouth-watering taste of this dish made it more tempting. Butter both sides of the slices, then cut into bite-size cubes.