Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it.
With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium. Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Now you can have both in one fun roll! You can have Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake
- You need of CAKE.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 of large egg at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of confectioners sugar for dusting.
- It’s of FILLING.
- Prepare 6 cup of softened ice cream, I used chocolate chip.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 8 oz of chopped semi sweet chocolate.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It’s 12 of Lindor white cho chocolate truffles.
- It’s 1/2 cup of colored sprinkles.
- It’s of SERVING SAUCES.
- You need 1 of recipe Coffee Cream Anglaise, recipe attached in step #16.
- You need 1 of recipe Hot Fudge Sauce recipe attached in step 16.
Unroll cake and spread with vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar to complete the look! In a large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Re-roll the cake and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Chocolate Ice Cream Roll Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll.pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt.
- . Separate egg yolks and egg whites into separate large bowls. Whites in one bowl, yolks in the other. Beat whites until foamy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks..
- Beat egg yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until thick and light, 2 to 3 minutes.fold in flour/chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes until.toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes on wire rack, meanwhile dust clean dry kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Run a small sharp knives around edges of cake to release any stuck pieces. Invert cake on prepared kitchen towel and carefully peel of parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel.using towel to roll.in long cylinder, cool on rack while preparing ice cream.
- Have ice cream.softened enough to be able to spread. Unroll.cake and spread ice cream.evenly over cake.
- Roll cake up tightly using towel to just help. Don't worry about cracks they will be covered with frosting later Wrap. well in parchment paper and foil and frezze overnight.
- Make frosting.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream just until hot in microwave or stovetop, pour over chocolate let sit 1 minute then stir until smooth.
- Chill mixture until cold at least 2 hours. When ready to frost cake beat. chocolate until creamy.
- Frost cake with frosting, press truffles in top and add sprinkles. Return to freezer to set frosting.
- Slice and serve with Coffee Cream Anglaise and Hot Fudge Sauce recipes attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359845-hot-fudge-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339891-coffee-creme-anglaise.
Place in freezer and allow ice cream to refreeze. To make the cake: In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick and pale, then beat in the sugar, salt, and extracts. Sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder, and fold gently into the egg mixture. Now you can have both in one fun roll! The key to this recipe's success is how to roll your chocolate cake layer, and we'll show you just how to do it in our video below.