The best chewy chocolate chip cookies. Find Deals on Just Cookie Dough in Groceries on Amazon. Make Harry & David Your Destination For Chocolate Cookie Gifts That Are Sure To Delight. Show How Much You Care with Gourmet Gifts from Harry & David.
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. You can have The best chewy chocolate chip cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The best chewy chocolate chip cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup (165 g) of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup (115 g) of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/4 cups (155 g) of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 4 oz (110 g) of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
- It’s 4 oz (110 g) of dark chocolate chunk, or your preference.
Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper or a. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together partially melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until.
The best chewy chocolate chip cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps..
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture..
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies)..
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown..
- Cool completely before serving..
Use a higher ratio of brown to white sugar. Brown sugar is another ingredient that bolsters the chewy factor. The "classic" chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for two large eggs, but Alton replaces one egg white with an ounce of milk. Egg whites are binding agents that also help a cookie rise. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight.