Tommy's apple cake. Bake one of our moist and fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. Beat together all the ingredients except the apples and flaked almonds.
The apple mixture may seem like a lot in the pan… but the batter will rise and envelop it while baking. Add the remaining apple filling over it. Bang the cake pan on a hard surface to help the batter fill in the gaps between the apples and. You can cook Tommy's apple cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tommy's apple cake
- Prepare of cake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 5 of apples, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts, optional.
- It’s 1 of cream cheese frosting, if desired.
I make cake for all occasions so if you need a cake let me know and give me a week in advane Make this apple cake in autumn when local apples are at their best. A light sponge cake is topped with apples, sugar and cinnamon before being baked to perfection. The perfect combination of flavours in apple and cinnamon with a moist, textured sponge. Apple cakes are so comforting and wholesome – no fancy icing here, just lovely flavours.
Tommy's apple cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a bundt pan well..
- Beat sugar, eggs, and oil until fluffy and pale, about 4 minutes..
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture..
- Add apples and walnuts, if using. Batter will be wet..
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes..
- Can also use a 9×13" pan..
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool 1 hour on rack. Top with cream cheese frosting, if desired. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355320-cream-cheese-frosting.
Try it as a dessert, served with custard or a caramel sauce. This apple cake recipe from actress and Celebrity Masterchef winner Sophie Thompson is delicious served after a meal with ice cream and toffee sauce or as a very indulgent snack with afternoon tea. Discover more: Cake Recipes; Apple Recipes; Bonfire Night Recipes; show more; hide more; Share recipe. Mary Banks's Keswick apple cake recipe. W hen I was growing up, my grandma Mary would always make a version of this.