Bacon Asparagus with Steak & Poached Egg. Bacon Asparagus with Steak & Poached Egg MaGumede Nondumiso Queeneth. Wrap each bacon slice tightly around an asparagus stalk. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
Use a knife to test if the asparagus has already reached the desired texture. Then, drizzle olive oil over the roasted asparagus with bacon. Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. You can cook Bacon Asparagus with Steak & Poached Egg using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Asparagus with Steak & Poached Egg
- It’s 3 of Asparagus.
- Prepare 1 of Steak.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 3 pieces of Bacon of your choice.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s To taste of Pepper.
- You need To taste of Parsley.
Overlap the starting end of the bacon slightly to secure it. Instructions To make the nests, lay two pieces of cooked asparagus side by side then lay another two pieces at the end, so that you have a length of asparagus that is two pieces long and two pieces wide. Then take a piece of bacon and wrap it around them, making a circle. Divide the asparagus into four equal bunches.
Bacon Asparagus with Steak & Poached Egg step by step
- Firstly make sure your steak is at room temperature then season with salt on both sides and leave for 15-20 mins (salt dries out the juices then sucks them back in when you season before cooking, this prevents the steak from getting dry).
- Then preheat your oven to 220C, take your asparagus and wrap it with bacon. Season with salt and pepper. After this lower your oven to 180 and place asparagus for about 15-20 mins till bacon is nice and crispy..
- I fried my Steak but you can also grill it, I preheated my pan then added more salt and pepper to my steak..
- Essentially I fried my steak for roughly 4 minutes on eat side..
- Boil water in a nice deep pot, once the water starts boiling lower the heat so that it simmers. Take an egg and put it into a cup..
- Season your boiling water with salt then take a fork and make a circular motion so that the water in the pot moves in a circle.
- Take your egg and gently put it into the water as it is moving in a circle (this closes your egg).
- Boil the egg for 5 minutes for a lovely runny yolk, 8 minutes for a nice yellow yet firm yolk.
- Place your food into a plate and chop some parsley then throw it on your egg..
Wrap each bunch in a bacon rasher, securing with a wooden skewer if necessary. Place on a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper. This will allow them to develop a nice sear. Move steaks to the empty side of the baking sheet with the asparagus and place in the oven. Push a toothpick through the bacon and asparagus to hold it together while baking.