Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole!. Mix in the three cans of green beans until all are coated. I think the texture is just better. This looks sort of yucky at this stage, but don't let the appearance fool you, it's gonna be good!
Add the broth a little bit at a time, stirring to incorporate. Pour in the milk and cream and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans to the pan and stir to coat. You can have Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole! using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole!
- It’s 4 can of green beans (I prefer french style).
- Prepare 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 packages of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of horseradish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need of regular or panko bread crumbs (either will work, panko gives more crunch).
Using tongs, remove the onions from the pan and put them on a paper-towel lined plate. Season with salt and pepper and set aside while you make the casserole. Drain and put the green beans in an ice bath to prevent them from continuing to cook. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole! instructions
- Mix sour cream, soup, and horseradish together in a bowl. Add in green beans and mix well. Make sure green beans are coated..
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and top with panko bread crumbs, crumbled bacon and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. Serve immediately..
Slowly add the flour, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Add the milk and half-and-half and stir constantly for a few minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the cheddar cheese, pimentos, garlic, onion, salt, ground pepper and cayenne, and mix well. Get more healthy and delicious recipes like this one in our cookbook, Keeping the Holidays Healthy & Delicious! Mix sour cream, soup, and horseradish together in a bowl.