Crock pot chili. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce to taste. Transfer the ground beef and onion mixture along with the remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir to blend. Serve in heated bowls with hot cornbread and butter on the side.
Pour browned beef into slow cooker. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cocoa powder, sugar, coriander and season mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Place the pinto beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in a large slow cooker. You can cook Crock pot chili using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock pot chili
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Butter or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Minced garlic (less if you don't like garlic).
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef or beef stew meat cubed into tiny bite sizes pieces. Or substitute preferred protein here.
- Prepare 12 oz of To 18 ounces of tomato sauce, canned..
- You need 1 can of 16 ounce size black or red beans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cooking red wine.
- You need 16 oz of Jar of mild salsa.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dried cilantro.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of White pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 12 oz of Water.
Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Stir in the cooked ground beef mixture. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper liquid. Heat the remaining oil in the pan.
Crock pot chili step by step
- In large skillet saute sliced onions and garlic with butter or oil to keep from sticking.
- Pour onion/ garlic mix into crock pot.
- Brown ground beef or cubed meat in same skillet.
- Mix beef and all remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or cook on low for up to 8 hours, checking periodically to make sure there is enough liquid in the pot to keep contents from burning..
- Serve with favorite sides or toppings, like cheese, sour cream, croutons, etc..
Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to the slow cooker. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except the optional garnishes. Since all the ingredients are already cooked, you only need to heat everything through and allow the flavors time to meld together. Stir in beef stock, kidney beans, black beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder in a small bowl.