Cinnamon Apple Cake. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Adding apples and cinnamon with brown sugar in layers makes this cake into an autumn delight. A scoop of ice cream is especially good with this cake.
Grease and flour fluted or straight sided tube pan. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs (this can be done in a food processor). You can have Cinnamon Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk (or sour milk made with vinegar & milk or plain yogurt & milk.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped apples (approximately 2 apples) cored & seeded skin on.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
Stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Add the beaten egg, milk and chopped apple. Cinnamon Apple Cake – full of warm cozy flavor moist cake studded with crunchy diced apples and topped with a sweet butter cinnamon coated pecans. Perfect snack dessert or breakfast for this fall season.
Cinnamon Apple Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla, 21/2 cups flour, egg and cinnamon. Mix well then add in the apples..
- Pour batter in pre-greased 13"x9" pan..
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, butter & 1 Tbs. flour to make topping. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter..
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until knife inserted in middle of cake comes out clean..
And you can use any apples you want! Arrange the apple slices, flat-side down, on the batter in a spiral pattern. For the topping, mix together the demerara sugar and cinnamon. Bake in the middle of the oven. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.