Drunken Shrimp. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Drunken shrimp is a popular dish in parts of China based on freshwater shrimp that are sometimes eaten cooked or raw.
DIRECTIONS In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Make the drunken shrimp: In the same bowl, add the shrimp and toss until fully coated with the spice blend. In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil over high heat. You can have Drunken Shrimp using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Drunken Shrimp
- It’s 1 lb. of cooked shrimp (cleaned).
- Prepare 1 TBS. of Creole or Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter (4 TBS.).
- Prepare 2 TBS. of bourbon.
- It’s 1 TBS. of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tsp. of Tarragon.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Loaf of crusty bread (warmed, if desired).
While traveling in Suzhou, China, the Foodbeast squad had the opportunity to try the nation's. Start your Holiday gathering with a little nibble to get the appetite started. Shrimp, wrapped in bacon, seared and set upon a dollop of guacamole before being drizzled with a tequila reduction is sure to whet everyone's appetite and leave them begging for just one more bite. Our guide introduced us to many new and interesting Chinese dining specialties throughout our tour.
Drunken Shrimp step by step
- Season shrimp with the Creole or Cajun seasoning and set aside..
- In a frying pan over med-hi heat, sautee shallots in butter until softened..
- Stir in bourbon, until warmed. Add heavy cream. Stir until thickened..
- Add in the tarragon, salt and pepper. Stir until all combined..
- Add in the beef broth and sherry and stir until heated through..
- Add in shrimp until thoroughly heated, about 3 minutes..
- Remove to bowl and serve with warm crusty bread..
However, drunken shrimp was the dish he was the most exci. Cooks at Drunken Shrimp do their best to provide visitors with good crab cakes, coleslaw and flounder. A lot of visitors order delicious liqueur, wine or beer. Great tea is among the most often ordered drinks at this place. The homely atmosphere of this spot allows guests to relax after a hard working day.