Froggy Bread. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! How to Bake Your Frog Bread Now that your creation is shaped, it's time to bake.
There was a Mexican bakery there that used to bake a beautiful alligator-shaped loaf of bread. My wife and I were recently discussing this and came up with the idea of trying some animal shaped loaves ourselves. Since she runs a popular Frog Website, the first animal that came to mind was a frog. You can have Froggy Bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Froggy Bread
- You need 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 6 cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s of Oil.
You see, froggy bread is just bread…shaped like a frog. This new creation is as simple as it sounds, it's literally bread baked in the shape of a frog. But as every baker knows, the baking process can be pretty unpredictable. You only have to scroll so.
Froggy Bread instructions
- In a large bowl mix together the yeast, sugar, salt and water. Let this stand until the yeast is dissolved. Gradually add the flour, one cup at a time to the liquid and mix thoroughly until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface to knead. (This may be a little messy, but don't give up!).
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in volume (about 90 minutes)..
- Shaping the Frog: Punch down the dough with your fist and briefly knead out any air bubbles. Take a large chunk of the dough and formed it into a ball. Then squish one end of it to make it a bit oblong. This formed the body of the frog..
- Next add the legs. Make a smaller ball of dough, cut it in half, and set each half behind the toad to form the rear legs. Make a small disc of dough and cut it in half and cut out some toe wedges to form the rear feet. Front feet, as you can see, were just little tubes of dough that we slit to create toes.Place the frog bread on a cookie sheet and let the frog bread rest for 10-20 minutes. Brush it with cold water or egg yolk. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
You cannot hide any imperfections, there is only froggy. Breadit is a community for anything related to making homemade bread! Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Recently I've had a very strange idea.