Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls GF DF EF SF NF. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Great recipe for Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls GF DF EF SF NF.
I don't buy duck a lot because it's quite expensive here but this recipe makes the cost worth it! Vickys Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF. This recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes is a delicious replica of the cinnamon roll- in a pancake. You can have Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls GF DF EF SF NF using 26 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 kg of half duck.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 3 slice of fresh ginger.
- You need of Dry Rub.
- You need 1 tsp of chinese 5 spice powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of szechuan peppercorns, crushed.
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce (see my profile for my soy sauce alternative recipe).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey or agave nectar.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of soy sauce or the soy sauce alternative recipe from my profile.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black bean paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey or molasses/treacle.
- You need 2 tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 pinch of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chinese hot sauce to taste.
- You need of Serving.
- You need 12 of chinese rice pancakes.
- Prepare 6 of spring onions/scallions, sliced.
When you make cinnamon roll pancakes, it's not much more difficult than making regular pancakes, but it's a little more messy because of the cinnamon swirl. These grain free and paleo cinnamon roll pancakes have a gooey cinnamon swirl and maple glaze. Vickys Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland. Recipes Vickys Slow-Cooker Mongolian-Style Beef, GF DF EF SF NF See the recipe called Vickys Chinese-Style Crispy Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls for my free-from hoisin sauce recipe, you will need to up this a little so put in a quarter extra measurement of everything Ming Foods Duck Pancake Rolls Adding a little twist to the traditional Chinese way, try this easy crispy Duck Pancake Rolls using Ming Foods Chinese Pancakes – because they're not just for steaming!
Vickys Chinese-Style Aromatic Duck Pancake Rolls GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 2 / 150C / 300°F and ready a roasting tray with a wire rack.
- Combine the star anise, soy sauce, rice wine and honey/agave and let sit to infuse the flavours.
- Mix together the 5 spice, sugar, salt and crushed peppercorns and set aside.
- Pat the duck dry with kitchen paper towel and rub all over with the garlic and ginger. Place these now in with the marinade ingredients.
- Sprinkle the dry spices all over the duck and rub in.
- Pierce the skin where the legs and wings join the body so that fat doesn't fill up in these places and put in the oven for half an hour.
- After half an hour drain the fat away, brush some marinade over the skin and put back in the oven another half hour.
- Drain the fat again, pierce the skin in the same areas if you see any liquid fat building up and brush the remaining marinade over. Continue roasting for an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the hoisin sauce ingredients together very well and let sit at room temp to combine the flavours.
- After the hour has passed (total roasting time 2 hours), check the duck by skewering the thickest part. The juices should run clear.
- Turn the oven up to gas 8 / 230C / 450°F and blast it for 15 minutes to really crisp up the skin.
- Take the duck out and let it rest on the rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crispy skin and shred the meat with 2 forks.
- Warm through the pancakes either by sitting in the cooling oven while you shred the duck or by heating in the microwave.
- Place a spoonful of hoisin sauce in the middle of each pancake and lay some shredded duck on top. You can also just mix the sauce with the meat. Add some spring onion and fold the bottom up then the sides in.
- Serve with the crispy skin on the side and the extra hoisin to dip it in.
- Serves 4 people as a starter, 2 as a main dish.
All you'll need for Duck Pancake Rolls is: Spring Onion Hoisin sauce Crispy Aromatic Duck Ming Foods Chinese Pancakes. Pancakes that can really do it all Breakfast √ Lunch √ Dinner √ Dessert. To serve, spread some sauce on each pancake and add some of the shredded duck. Then, word spread around town and soon family and friends couldn't resist her light and fluffy pancakes. read our story. Great recipe for Vickys Slow-Cooker Mongolian-Style Beef, GF DF EF SF NF.