Swiss Green Bean Casserole. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add sour cream gradually until smooth.
Add the cup of cornflake crumbs and stir together. Top the green beans with the cup of Swiss cheese. Spread the buttery cornflake crumbs on top of the. You can have Swiss Green Bean Casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swiss Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 1/4 cup of panko or bread crumbs.
- You need 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 small of minced onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 4 cup of whole cooked green beans.
- You need 2 cup of grated swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
Mix butter, flour, sugar, salt, onion, cheese, and sour cream. Add drained beans and mix gently. (Blanched fresh beans can be substituted for the canned beans.). Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese just until melted. Layer green beans with Swiss cheese and two thirds of the fried onions in casserole dish, alternating layers.
Swiss Green Bean Casserole instructions
- Mix bread crumbs with 2 tbls of melted butter and parmesan, set aside for the topping..
- Place the remaining butter in a large saucepan over low heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper, onion, and sugar. Add sour cream and stir constantly until sauce is bubbly and thick. Remove from heat and fold green beans into sauce..
- Spread half of the green bean mixture into a cooking oil sprayed baking dish. Sprinkle half of the swiss cheese onto the green bean mixture. Spread the remaining green bean mixture over cheese. Top with the remaining swiss cheese and sprinkle on the panko crumb topping..
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy! Recipe Adapted from' The Front Porch'.
Swiss Green Bean Casserole is a different sort of twist on a classic dish we all love. Like any other green bean casserole, Swiss Green Bean Casserole is green beans tossed in a creamy sauce with a crunchy topping. The big difference between this one and any other green bean casserole is the layer of melted Swiss cheese between the beans and the crunchy topping. Place green beans and shredded Swiss cheese (or very thin strips) in bowl. Add mixture from stove with beans and cheese.