Best Apple Cake. Top-rated appliances from the best brands. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! Check Out Apple Cakes On eBay.
Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Spread half this mixture in the prepared tin. Michelin-starred chef Frances Atkins' recipe for apple and olive oil cake is a (slightly) healthy alternative to the usual sugar and butter filled cakes. You can cook Best Apple Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Apple Cake
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- Prepare of egg.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of apples – peeled, cored & cut into eighths.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
Naturally sweetened with sultanas and featuring olive oil instead of butter or margarine, this cake is then topped with a crunchy walnut topping and can be served with apple puree and cream. Whisk oil and sugar in a bowl, then whisk in eggs and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, apple juice and vanilla.
Best Apple Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C & grease 23cm cake tin.
- Cream butter & 200g sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour & salt alternately with milk.
- Spread into tin. Add apples then sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over.
- Bake for 50-60 mind or until apples are tender and cake is cooked.
Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients, just until moistened. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended then beat for a minute. Spread half this mixture into the prepared tin. Thickly slice the apples and lay on top of the mixture in the tin, piling mostly towards the centre.