Rosher Puli/A makar Sankranti recipe from Bengal. Ranga aloo r Rosh Pitha / Mishti Aloo r Rosher Pitha / Sweet Potatoes Dumpling : This one is my personal favorite. Fry two puli or dumpling one at a time. Once all the dumplings are simmered in milk, place them in a wide bowl.
In different parts of India, this festival called in a different name, such as Maghi, Lohri, Magh Bihu. Makar Sankranti which is also known as Poush Sankranti in Bengal is an auspicious day in Hindu culture. It is celebrated almost all over India and in other Hindu based countries. You can cook Rosher Puli/A makar Sankranti recipe from Bengal using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rosher Puli/A makar Sankranti recipe from Bengal
- You need of For dumpling.
- Prepare 1 of grated coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of palm jaggery.
- You need 1/2 kg of sweet potato.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of rice flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of For syrup.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamom.
- Prepare as needed of Oil for deep frying.
Initially it used to be celebrated in India and Nepal where crops are harvested around this time of the year (early-January). Dudh puli pitha recipe step by step – Dudh puli is a traditional bengali pithe or pitha and Makar Sankranti or poush sankranti(in Bengal) is the best time to make it at home. Bengali style Dudh puli means half-moon shaped stuffed rice cake or dumpling cooked in dudh or milk. Puran Poli – Flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from skinned spilt bengal gram/chana dal and jaggery.
Rosher Puli/A makar Sankranti recipe from Bengal instructions
- Heat a Karahi add palm jaggery and little water. Add grated coconut. Cook on medium flame. Stir continuously. Make a sticky consistency..
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a pressure cooker for 6-7 minutes. Or until fully cooked. Do not over boil not under boil. Peel the skin and mash the potatoes with hand. Make sure there are no lumps..
- Add rice flour and pinch of salt. Knead them together and make a smooth dough..
- Make lemon size balls from the dough. Flatten it with your palm. Add one tbsp of filling and seal it..
- Shape it like a puli. Make the rest of pulis in the same way..
- Make the sugar syrup by adding water and sugar. Add green cardamom. Boil it and make one string consistency..
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the dumpling in hot oil on medium flame. Fry all the sides till golden in colour..
- Now put them in warm syrup. When the pulis soak syrup then serve it..
Pithe recipe, Bengali pithe recipes, rosher pithe, ros puli recipe, how to make rosh puli pitha, how to make sujir puli pithe, suji narkel pithe, semolina dumpling, bangladeshi semolina dessert recipe, Monoranjan pitha, how to make manoranjan pitha, sujir pithe recipe, chaler gura chara pitha recipe, Pithe without rice flour, Bengali sankranti special recipe, pithe puli recipes, traditional. makar sankranti. Here are some recipes for the occassion of Makar Sankranti. Makarsankranti is celebrated in different parts of India with different styles. The whole country welcomes the onset of 'uttarayana punyakaram', with the celebration of Makar Sankranti, which marks the journey of the sun to the northern hemisphere (Makar Raasi). All across the country this festival is celebrated with much joy.