Easy chicken pot pie. Low Prices on Baked Chicken Pot. Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go. Sprinkle the chicken tenders with paprika, sage, oregano, salt and pepper.
Make it even easier on yourself by using frozen vegetables, rotisserie chicken, and store-bought puff pastry rather than pie dough. Soften pie crust as directed on package. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. You can cook Easy chicken pot pie using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy chicken pot pie
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken meat.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatos.
- Prepare 5 of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 of mixed frozen vegtables.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
- You need 1 of eggs.
Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot. Discover the secrets to a great chicken pie. Chicken pot pie is one of those old-fashioned dinners that's just so satisfying to make – and eat! Here's how to make it: Cook the chicken and celery.
Easy chicken pot pie step by step
- Bake a 3-4lb chicken with potato wedges (season the chicken to tour tast)when it's done remove about 2 cups of meat and cube your potato wedges. I use a leftover roasted chicken because I like to get two meals out of it and my pot pie recipe doesn't call for a whole chicken..
- In a bowl mix chicken ,spices, vegetables and herbs . Salt pepper to taste..
- In a saute pan melt your butter and mix your flour in with the melted butter. Add the broth until the gravy is as thick or thin as you like it ( I like a thick gravy so I use a little bit more flour). Salt and pepper your gravy to taste, then set it aside..
- Put your pie crust on you pie dish, put your chicken and vegetables in it. Pour the warm gravy over the top. Scramble an egg in a bowl and add a little water. Brush the edge of the bottom pie crust with the egg then cover it with the top pie crust. Pinch edges together with a fork. Brush the whole top crust with egg then cut about 4 slices on the top of the crust. Bake your pie at 400°F for 40 minutes or untill top crust is a golden Brown . After its done remove end let it for about 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy..
Place them in a large pan and cover them with water. Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can of soup and box of Original Bisquick™ mix from. Everybody will fall in love with this easy Chicken Pot Pie!! With a creamy chicken and vegetable filling lightly infused with herbs, this Chicken Pot Pie made with puff pastry lids can be served in individual pots or made as one big pie. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.