Meatballs with sweet and sour sauce. Beef meatballs are browned, then simmered in a sweet and sour sauce. Great as an appetizer or as a main dish served over rice. Pour the tomato sauce mixture over the meatballs in the baking dish.
In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, water, white vinegar and soy sauce. Fry in a little oil until browned all over and set aside in a ProCook Gourmet Steel Shallow Casserole dish. In a deep saucepan, combine the ketchup with the cornstarch. You can cook Meatballs with sweet and sour sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatballs with sweet and sour sauce
- You need 2 lb of Ground beef (I used lean ground beef).
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Bread or Cracker crumbs to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped parsley(I used 1 tsp dry).
- You need 2 tbsp of Garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oriental Sofrito(ginger,garlic and green onions (equal parts).
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil for cooking meatballs (I used cooking spray).
Gradually add the sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and pineapple juice. Over medium heat, continually stir the sauce until it has thickened. Add the meatballs, bell pepper, pineapple pieces, and onion. The sweet and sour sauce used to toss these meatballs in really easy to put together.
Meatballs with sweet and sour sauce instructions
- Mix meat,milk, egg,parsley,garlic and bread or cracker crumbs to taste. Mix everything add S & P to taste..
- Make balls. Doesn't matter the size..
- Seal them in olive oil in a skillet,until brown all around..
- In another pan put the rest of the ingredients,let it boil for 15 mins. On medium heat,until it becomes like a syrup..
- Then pour the sauce over the meatballs..
It's made with a few, easily available pantry ingredients. You'll need pineapple juice, sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch and salt. Whisk them together in a bowl and just simmer the sauce for a few minutes. If you use skinless and boneless chicken thighs, the meatballs will always be juicy and moist. The sweet and sour source is addictive, made of ketchup, Thai sweet chili sauce, a bit of soy sauce and vinegar to bring out the perfect balance of sweet, sour and savory.