Lemongrass chicken thighs. Buy Quality Lemongrass Loose Tea Online UK. Lemongrass Is Famous For Making Delicious Thai Green Curries & Loose Herbal Teas Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Mix canola oil, lemongrass, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and fish sauce together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved; add chicken and turn to coat in the marinade.
Remove skins and extra fat from chicken. Crush garlic and blend with lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper. Packed with flavour and perfectly juicy, this Lemongrass Chicken Thighs recipe is perfect as a quick weeknight meal or as part of a weekly meal prep. You can cook Lemongrass chicken thighs using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass chicken thighs
- You need of chicken thighs.
- It’s of frozen chopped lemon grass.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of red chilli peppers.
Topped with a scallion oil garnish and served with a side of rice, it'll have you reaching for seconds. The marinade of lemongrass chicken recipe is suitable for any cuts of chicken. Chicken thigh is the most common cut of chicken used in this recipe because it is juicier and more tender than chicken breast meat. It is best to leave the skin on because it will become crispy after pan-frying over low to medium heat.
Lemongrass chicken thighs instructions
- Finely chop garlic and chilies and place in a bowl. Add sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice and a bit of boiling hot water to melt sugar..
- Place chicken thighs in large zip loc bag and add marinade sauce mixture. Place in fridge to marinate overnight.
- BBQ chicken at 225 deg farenheight for approx 30min, flipping every so often. Watch closely since the fat from the chicken will cause flare ups..
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. I chose chicken thighs because they are more commonly used in authentic Lemongrass Chicken, are inherently juicier and reheat better but chicken breasts will still work. If you choose to use chicken breasts then I would pound the to an even thickness before marinating. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup, oil, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, lemongrass and shallot in a blender or food processor. Trim any fat from the thighs and cut the flesh into bite-sized pieces.