🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒. A super-light and simple soup, which is suitable for vegans. Onions, carrots and celery are sauteed together, then simmered with vegetable stock and white wine. A simple, quick soup recipe made from carrot, celery, and onion with just a hint of tarragon.
How to Make This Carrot and Celery Soup. Would you like any shellfish in the recipe? Hearty Lentil Soup Yummly. tomatoes, water. 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒 Irum Zaidi Home Cooking United Kingdom. You can cook 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒 using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒
- You need of garlic clove, peeled.
- You need of potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need of vegetable stock.
- You need of carrot peeld cut into small chunks.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of crusty bread, to serve.
Here are five reasons you should consider adding celery to your diet, plus a few recipes to make it. Add carrots, celery, water, and cook until veggies are tender. Transfer soup to a blender, and liquidfy. Variation: Add an extra spoon of curry powder to give an Indian.
🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒 instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, tip in the celery, garlic and potatoes and coat in the oil. Add a splash of water and a big pinch of salt and cook, stirring regularly for 15 mins, adding a little more water if the veg begins to stick..
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins further, until the potatoes are falling apart and the celery is soft. Use a stick blender to purée the soup, then pour in the milk and blitz again add the carrot chunks cook untill carrot chunks fully cooked. Season to taste. Serve with crusty bread..
- 5 #Healthy_Benefits of Adding Celery to Your #Diet #Medically_reviewed by #Natalie #Butler, RD, LD on February 24, 2016 — Written by #Jessica #Timmons At just 10 calories a stalk, celery’s claim to fame may be that it’s long been considered a low-calorie “diet food.” But crispy, crunchy celery actually has a number of health benefits that may surprise you. Here are five reasons you should consider adding celery to your diet, plus a few recipes to make it easy..
- 1. Celery is a great source of important antioxidants. Antioxidants protect cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage. Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs..
- 2. Celery reduces inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been linked to many illnesses, including arthritis and osteoporosis. Celery and celery seeds have approximately 25 anti-inflammatory compounds that can offer protection against inflammation in the body..
- 3. Celery supports digestion. While its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients offer protection to the entire digestive tract, celery may offer special benefits to the stomach. Pectin-based polysaccharides in celery, including a compound known as apiuman, have been shown to decrease instances of stomach ulcers, improve the lining of the stomach, and modulate stomach secretions in animal studies..
- And then there’s the high water content of celery — almost 95 percent — plus generous amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber. All of those support a healthy digestive tract and keep you regular. One cup of celery sticks has 5 grams of dietary fiber..
- 4. Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. You’ll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It’s also low in sodium. Plus, it’s low on the glycemic index, meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar..
- 5. Celery has an alkalizing effect. With minerals like magnesium, iron, and sodium, celery can have a neutralizing effect on acidic foods — not to mention the fact that these minerals are necessary for essential bodily functions..
Curried Carrot Celery Soup Recipe is made with carrots and celery sauteed along with onions and garlic in olive oil and then spiced with some whole spices and garam masala. The carrots and celery is then blended and garnished with coriander leaves and sunflower seeds which add a nice crunch to the soup. Roasting intensifies the flavors and smooths the texture of the vegetables and fruit in this vibrant carrot, apple, and celery soup. It's truly more than the sum of its parts—you probably won't be able to pick out the individual flavors of apple or celery, but both add nuance and depth to the recipe. While the butter is optional, it pulls the flavors together and adds a touch of richness.