Apple cake. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Our Gluten Free Sponges are great for birthdays & all celebrations!
Apple cakes Apple cakes are so comforting and wholesome – no fancy icing here, just lovely flavours. Try it as a dessert, served with custard or a caramel sauce. Top apple cake recipes Almond and apple cake. You can have Apple cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple cake
- It’s 300 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 3 of beaten eggs at room temperature.
- It’s 3 of good sized apples, I used golden delicious.
- You need 200 g of sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla essence.
- You need of Juice of one lemon.
- You need of About 200 ml of milk at room temperature.
- It’s 100 g of melted butter.
- Prepare of Icing sugar to serve.
This cake is moist and creamy. At the same time, you can taste and smell of almond and apple too. A light loaf cake recipe, perfect with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoons. Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside.
Apple cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180. Core, peel, quarter and slice apples. Soak in the lemon juice so they don't go brown. Pop the butter in the microwave for about a min. Use a small amount to grease a cake tin and then line the tin with a sprinkle of sugar to help give the cake a little crunch on the outside.
- Mix the dry ingredients then add the butter and eggs and whisk.
- Add the milk slowly while you keep whisking. When you reach a smooth consistency, throw in the apples, including the lemon juice and vanilla essence. Mix now with a spoon. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for about 45 mins until golden brown. To check it's cooked, push a cocktail stick into the middle. If it comes out clean, it's ready.
- Leave to cool and serve with a good sprinkling of icing sugar.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, using an electric hand mixer, until pale and fluffy. Transfer the batter to the cake. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers,. Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry.