Dorest Apple Cake. Mix the flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the light brown sugar.
Peel, core and thinly slice the apples, then squeeze over the lemon juice. Rub fat into flour and add sugar, currants and apple. Mix together with milk to make a stiff dough. You can cook Dorest Apple Cake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dorest Apple Cake
- It’s 120 g of chilled butter, diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 230 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sweet ground cinnamon.
- It’s 120 g of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 5-8 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 300 g of apples such as Bramley, peeled and diced.
Spread mixture into a greased sandwich tin. Mix the flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Step one – Gather your ingredients.
Dorest Apple Cake step by step
- Heat the oven to 180c. Butter the bottom of a round cake tin and then line with greaseproof paper..
- Mix the cinnamon with the flour then add the butter and using your fingers rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar. Mix in the egg and then the milk (add it slowly until you have a smooth but thick batter, you may not need to add the 8 spoons of milk)..
- Add the apples and mix well to combine. Pour the batter into the greaseproofed paper lined tin and gently spread out until its even..
- Bake for 35-45 mins or until golden. Test with a skewer, if inserted into the middle of the cake and it comes out clean then the cake is mostly cooked through..
- Allow to cool until able to handle cake tin with hands. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack..
- Serve with custard or cream. It is better when the cake is warm..
Dorset Apple Cake is just a cake that has apples, brown sugar and sometimes cinnamon. The apples can be in the cake, on top, both on top and in the cake; it's entirely up to you! It is also equally as good as a pudding with a good dollop of homemade custard top. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter Stir in the sugar, dried fruit and apple Mix in the eggs Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon This Dorset Apple Cake has apples inside the cake and on top of the cake And depending on the look you are going for, a Dorset Apple Cake can be baked in a round cake tin, made into a large tray bake, baked in muffin tins, or even baked in a loaf pan. Dorset Apple Cake is a community recipe submitted by FionaS and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.