Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Make the marinade by mixing together the sugar, salt, soy sauce and cornflour slurry.
Stir-fry for four minutes until very lightly coloured on all sides. Add the pineapple and sweet and sour sauce to the pan with the chicken and. While the sauce is simmering you can mix up your batter. mix the two flours together and baking powder,gently add iced water, briefly stir- can stay lumpy but do not over stir. You can cook Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- It’s 200 g of chicken.
- Prepare 30 g of broccoli sprouts.
- You need 50 ml of soy sauce *.
- You need 50 ml of vinegar *.
- It’s 50 ml of sugar *.
- You need 1 clove of garlic *.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of sake or white wine.
Serve this tasty, Asian-inspired dish over hot rice! Homemade crispy sweet and sour chicken with a better-than-takeout sauce made from store cupboard ingredients! Add the ginger and drained pineapple chunks to the pan, then stir in the sweet and sour sauce. In a large bowl mix the flour and cider.
Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce instructions
- Prepare the chicken by slicing it into pieces of even thickness, about 1cm thick is best. (it's important to make slices as it will make rolling easier later). Then season lightly with salt and sake (or white wine)..
- Cut off the seed part of the sprouts (Using other vegetables is fine too, such as onions and carrots), put them along one edge of chicken then roll up from the edge tightly. Wrap each piece tightly in microwave safe plastic film..
- Put the chicken into a microwave safe container with the lid lightly on. Heat for about 5min on 600W (adjust time accordinly if lower or higher power)..
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add all the * ingredients into a small pot, bring to the boil then leave to cool. When the chicken is cooked, remove the film – it's very hot so be careful not to burn your fingers! – next pour the sauce on the chicken..
- Leave to marinate for about a half day, turning the chicken occasionally to ensure even marinating. When you serve, slice the chicken into about 2 cm pieces. It is yummy to eat with sliced onion. Place the sliced chicken on sliced onion and cover with the rest of the sauce. Done!.
Dust the chicken or prawns in seasoned cornflour, dip in the egg and then back into the cornflour. Sweet and sour sauce Place the saucepan of sauce ingredients on a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Boil until the sauce thickens and leaves a trail when a spoon is drawn through it. Remove from the heat and set aside. Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, then.