Classic Chicken Salad. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Here you can find our current best price for classic chicken.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Place all ingredients in a bowl; stir to combine. Chop cooked and cooled chicken and place into a large bowl with celery and onions. You can cook Classic Chicken Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- Prepare 2 cups of roasted chicken breast, cut up. Recipe for roasted chicke.
- You need 2 tablespoons of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of diced onion.
- You need 1 of tablespon fresh chives, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or more if you like it creamy.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as Franks red hot.
- It’s of pita bread, as nneeded.
- Prepare of lettece leaves, as neeeded.
- Prepare as needed of sliced tomatos.
Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl. Serve on rolls, bread or over a bead of lettuce. For the salad, season the chicken well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chicken breasts, skin-side down.
Classic Chicken Salad step by step
- Use fresh roasted chicken, recipe in my profile.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except pita bread, lettece and tomato.
- Split pita breaf in half and fill each half with chicken salad, lettece and tomato.
Slightly roast sunflower seeds in a small pan on medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Mix Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Instructions Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.