Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe). Then I sauted some onion and apple and sage. Then added my squash, chicken broth. Blended it all together and then added in some cream.
Melt butter in a heavy pot. Add onion and cook until clear. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. You can cook Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe)
- Prepare 5 medium of yellow squash cut into 1/2inch slices.
- It’s 5 medium of zucchini cut into1/2in slices.
- Prepare 1 can of large can crushed tomatoes(or whole tomatoes).
- It’s 1 of salt&pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 large of onion cut into 1/2slices.
- It’s 1 of palmful of dried italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of water just to raise up jucies.
- You need 1 of parmesan cheese grated to top.
- It’s loaf of italian or frenchbread.
Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour until vegetable is soft. Add the pumpkin puree, butternut squash, chicken stock,. My favorite fall soup of all time, roasted butternut squash soup is cheap, easy, nutrition, and absolutely delicious. If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham.
Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe) step by step
- Cut up veggies and bacon.
- Put in large soup pot add tomatoes using the can I add about 1/2a can off water.
- Bring to boil turn down to low simmer and stir every now and then.cook til veggies are tender.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and a slice of crusty Italian or French bread.
A pretty golden color makes these great to serve alongside a hearty fall dinner. This recipe is a wonderful way. This special recipe from my mother-in-law is one that I enjoy making as part of our fall meals. With their cheery yellow color and delicious aroma, these appealing buns will. Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious.