Yellow lentil soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Vegetarian Soups? Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or pressure cooker. Add the yellow lentils and stir for a minute, coating in the olive oil.
The lentils that are used in this recipe are called red lentils. They are orange in color until they are cooked, they turn yellow. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. You can have Yellow lentil soup using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yellow lentil soup
- It’s of yellow or red lentils.
- It’s of Egyptian Rice.
- It’s of Potato.
- It’s of Carrots.
- It’s of onion (diced).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of gloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need of salt or (to taste).
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- You need of paprika.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- It’s of For decoration.
- You need of chopped flat_leaf parsely.
- Prepare of Juice of half lemon.
- Prepare of Chunks of crusty bread.
Yellow lentil soup is perfect as a side dish with almost anything. This easy vegan yellow lentil dal is a creamy Indian soup recipe that's healthy, delicious, and comes together in one pot! This yellow lentil soup is both delicious as well as nutritious for those already on a vegan diet or for those who are on the way towards becoming vegan. Just omit the yogurt element at the end.
Yellow lentil soup step by step
- Soak Lentlis and Rice for about 15 minutes at least.
- Chop the onions,carrots and potato into medium cubes.
- Smash the garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently fry the chopped onions and garlic until the edge of onions becomes red.
- Stir in the lentlis, soaked rice, potato and carrots.
- Add the water, vegetbale stock and the spices mentioned above and cook for 35 minutes on a medium low heat. Stir several times during cooking, especially towards the end, to prevent lentils from sticking to base of pan..
- Toss in parsley, stir in lemon juice and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes more..
- Blend the soup if we want it to be very smooth.
- Serve with chunks of Crusty Bread.
- Note:you can add water when belnding the soup if it was still thick. You can add the parsley and lemon juice when serving the dish and not during cooking.
- Made By: Bara'a Choughari.
Whether you want lentil soup with bacon or tomatoes, these hearty recipes for lentil soup are perfect comfort food. Our best-rated recipes are guaranteed to taste great and there are plenty of delicious ideas. Lentil soup is easy to make and packed with flavour As with any simple dish with such long traditions, there are a surprising number of ways to make Turkish lentil soup. The colour often gives away the cook's preferred method. Some are yellow, indicating potatoes and carrots may have been added, but not tomato.