Killer Green Bean Casserole. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Here is how you cook it.
Drain and transfer to ice bath to cool (optional). Fresh mushrooms, onion, and herbs with frozen green beans, sour cream, and cheddar cheese make this a delightfully tasty twist on the traditional casserole. I developed this recipe, longing for a 'no cans' version of the classic dish. You can cook Killer Green Bean Casserole using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Killer Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 4 can of french cut green beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk or 1/2 &1/2.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dry sherry.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 cup of parmessan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 can of french fried oinions.
I made this one year for my husband's family at Christmas time, and now they ask for it every year! Then fold green beans into the sauce. This is basically our standard green bean casserole recipe with some minor modifications I've made over the years. It's ALWAYS the first to disappear at potlucks when there are other versions of green bean casseroles and people often ask why it seems to taste so much better than the original one on the French's can.
Killer Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Place green beans in the colander they must be completely dry before putting them in a 9 inch by 14 inch pan. Make sure the beans in the pan are leveled..
- Melt butter and stir in the onions. Cook until onions are softened..
- Let the butter cool then quickly stir in flour..
- With the pan on low heat. Stir in milk, sherry, flour, pepper, and salt..
- Cook until the batter thickens..
- Stir in mushrooms. Remove from heat..
- Stir in cheese..
- Pour batter over top of the green beans let it stand into the batter mixes in with the green beans. Place in oven at 350°F fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until beans are boiling..
- Option : spread fried onions over the top of the green beans and placed back in the oven until onions turn crispy..
I always use French-cut green beans, add a (drained) can of sliced water. Creamy, comforting green bean casserole made completely from scratch. This undeniably rich side dish will put that thanksgiving turkey to shame! For make-ahead option and freezing instructions, see recipe note. Green bean casserole is a casserole consisting mostly of cooked green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions.