Sweetcorn Chowder. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Add the milk and ham, bring to the boil again and serve topped with chopped chives. In a large pan with a lid, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the sweetcorn, vegetable stock and coconut milk, then increase the heat to high. You can cook Sweetcorn Chowder using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweetcorn Chowder
- You need 1 tbs of oil of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 of large potato.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of large can sweetcorn, undrained.
- It’s 1 can of Cambell's condensed mushroom soup plus one can water.
- Prepare 1 of large can condensed milk plus one can milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need to taste of Curry powder.
- You need of Crusty bread for dippage!.
Stir in the smoked paprika, then partially cover with a lid. A deliciously creamy soup with sweetcorn and a hint of chilli and chives. Share this recipe. to unlock all of our amazing recipes. Why not try. more amazing recipes.
Sweetcorn Chowder instructions
- Soften the onions in a large saucepan while you peel and chop the potato into small cubes..
- Add the potato cubes to the pan and chop the red pepper into small pieces.
- Add to the pan, stir and leave for 5-ish minutes.
- Add the can of sweetcorn, the mushroom soup and water, and the condensed milk and milk..
- Give it all a good stir through, breaking up the mushroom soup..
- Simmer/slow boil for about 40min or until the potato is well cooked..
- You will need to stir regularly to stop the milk sticking to the bottom of the pan. If the soup boils, a skin will form. To avoid the faff, after you've browned the onion, potato and pepper in the pan, add all ingredients to a slow cooker, put on low, come back in 4hrs and jump to instruction 8!.
- Add s&p and curry powder to taste – take care not to add too little curry powder, or the soup will basically just taste of milk!.
- Dish up with some good bread and enjoy!.
Poached eggs and tomatoes on toast. Drain the sweetcorn and put into a food processor with the spring onions, garlic and semolina. Blitz to a speckled primrose mush; unless you have a big processor you may have to do this in two batches. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and some seasoning. Add the rest of the stock if the soup is too thick.