Butternut squash soup recipe. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Looking for butternut squash soup recipes?
I used this recipe in addition to another butternut squash soup recipe. Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon The golden color, smooth and creamy texture and wonderful taste of this soup make it a welcome addition to a chilly fall day. It has a slightly tangy flavor from the gingerroot, and the sweet cinnamon really comes through. You can have Butternut squash soup recipe using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup recipe
- It’s of Butternut squash cubed.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onions.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of Mint leaves (optional).
Honeynut squash (butternut also works well), parsnips, leeks, and Granny Smith apples are roasted with fresh thyme and sage, then pureed for the base of this satisfying soup. Brown butter adds wonderful depth of flavor, and each bowl is finished with crispy fried sage and a trio of seeds (pumpkin, sesame, and poppy). Pureed Butternut Squash Soup In large pot melt butter. Once the veggies are tender and aromatic, stir in the squash, broth, salt and pepper.
Butternut squash soup recipe instructions
- Peel the butternut and cut into cubes. Peel your onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add everything into your cooking pot, add some water and bring to a boil till the butternut is tender.
- Drain off the water when ready but not all since it will be necessary while blending. Add your cooked butternut to a blender and blend till smooth. You can also add some mint leaves while blending.
- Serve in your favourite soup bowl. Oh add a mint leaf for garnish.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the squash is tender. Cut squash into eight large pieces. Smooth and silky butternut squash soup is an absolute cold-weather staple. The secret to the most intense, sweetest flavor is to roast the squash until deeply browned and caramelized in the oven, then purée it with a base of browned butter and golden sautéed onions. A dollop of sour cream-spiked, cinnamon- and nutmeg-spiced whipped cream and frizzled sage leaves top off this wintertime.