Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2. Here is how you do it. Fry the bacon in a frying pan and render the fat. In another pan fry the sausage in the pan and render the fat if not enough add cooking oil so you can make a Roux.
It is simple, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions every day. They're fine and they look wonderful. You can cook Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2 using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2
- Prepare of Biscuits——————.
- Prepare 6 of large biscuits see any of my recipes.
- It’s of Gravy 1—————-.
- You need 28 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt more if desired.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of crispy cooked bacon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- You need 2 tablespoons of self-rising flour.
- Prepare of Gravy 2———————.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 pound of breakfast sausage.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare As needed of oil if at all needed.
- You need of Grits———————–.
- Prepare As needed of see my recipe my dad's grits.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few. Here is how you cook it. I walk by Oliveto all the time, but have only dined there once, upstairs, with my sister, and with unremarkable results. I've been told their breakfast pizzas are good, but the very concept makes me suspicious.
Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2 step by step
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan and render the fat..
- In another pan fry the sausage in the pan and render the fat if not enough add cooking oil so you can make a Roux..
- When the bacon is done remove the bacon from the pan pour some of the drippings in a heat resistant container. Save out about a quarter cup of drippings..
- Add the flour and make the Roux..
- Now add the tomatoes..
- Stir well till it's thickened to your desired consistency..
- For the sausage add flour.
- Make the Roux.
- Add the milk stirring constantly..
- Add salt and pepper. Stir till thickened the you want it..
- Add the gravies to what ever you desire biscuits and grits, rice just about anything you can eat with gravy..
- I hope you enjoy!!.
A Tale of Two Dinners It was the best of dinners, it was the worst of dinners, it was the age of the tasting menu, it was the age of fast food, it was the epoch of farm to table, it was the epoch of accessibility, it was the season of Avocado, it was the season of Imitation Krab, it was the spring of ramps, it was the winter of turnips, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us. A showstopping family curry, perfect for a special occasion. Whether it's Valentine's Day, date night or just a simple weeknight meal for two, we've got you covered. Explore our dinner-for-two ideas and find inspiration for the perfect steak to share, an extra-special pasta dish or beautiful sizzling scallops. Biscuits and Sausage Gravy This is an old Southern biscuits and gravy recipe that I've adapted.