Classic Chicken Salad. Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper. To the dressing, add the chicken, scallions, celery, dill, and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl. For the salad, season the chicken well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chicken breasts, skin-side down. You can have Classic Chicken Salad using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- Prepare 2 Cups of Cooked Chicken, shredded or finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of Celery Stalks, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Green Apple, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Small Bunch of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Cup of Mayo.
- You need 1/4 Cup of White Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Walnut, chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Raisins (Optional).
A classic chicken salad recipe is always a favorite at a picnic, a barbecue, or an office potluck! Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad or filling for a homemade chicken salad sandwich or wrap! Slightly roast sunflower seeds in a small pan on medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
Classic Chicken Salad instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well..
- Adjust the seasoning and Enjoy!.
Mix Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and honey together in a small bowl. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Instructions Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining ingredients to make the sauce and stir to combine. Pour the mayo sauce over the chicken salad and stir to combine and thoroughly coat the salad.