Brown rice and tuna salad. DIRECTIONS Mix relish, vinegar, oil and mustard. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Simple rice salad with canned tuna, sweet corn, tomato, and turkey.
Italian tuna and brown rice salad (Riso e Tonno) is wonderful, easy lunch using basic pantry items such as tuna, brown rice, capers and good quality chopped olives plus some frozen mixed vegetables and fresh lemon juice. Italian Tuna Brown Rice Salad (Riso e Tonno) This quick, healthy and tasty tuna and brown rice salad is perfect for lunch boxes. Our tuna and brown rice salad is a healthy, filling and colourful dish perfect if you're wanting a lighter lunch or a starter before dinner. You can cook Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- It’s of brown rice, cooked.
- Prepare of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- Prepare of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of onion, small, finely chopped.
- It’s of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- Prepare of lettuce.
- It’s of Protein & Spices.
- You need of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of lemon / lime juice.
- It’s of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- You need of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- Prepare of olive oil, to taste.
- You need of honey, to taste.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- It’s of hummus.
It was created by ex-Olympic swimming champion and mum-of-three, Sharron Davies. Add rice, tomatoes, capsicum, shallots and tuna in a large bowl. Make dressing by combining lemon juice and oil in screw-top jar and seasoning with pepper and secure lid and shake to combine. Place rice, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, lemon rind and cashew nuts in a bowl and toss to combine.
Brown rice and tuna salad instructions
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
Flake tuna over salad and gently toss. rice vinegar, onion lemon, brown rice yogurt, seaweed avocado, shallot caper, canned tuna bell pepper, salad greens mushroom, yogurt mango, ginger lime, sriracha ginger, tuna steak avocado, seaweed lemon, onion red onion, mango red onion, cilantro Italian Rice Salad with Tuna (Insalata di Riso) It's a very healthy, light and refreshing meal, which is sure to satisfy. Place rice in a medium bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over rice and toss to coat. Stir in the tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with salad.