Sausage Casserole, for 2. Buy The Finest Of German Delicacies With Uk's Leading Hot Dog & Sausage Supplier. We Import Our Meat & Meatless Sausages From Award-Winning Suppliers In Germany Weekly! Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly.
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Sausage casserole for two recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Sausage casserole for two recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Remove the sausages from the pan and put them on a plate. You can have Sausage Casserole, for 2 using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage Casserole, for 2
- It’s 4 of Pork sausages.
- You need 2 of Rashers unsmoked bacon.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder or smoked paprika.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of beans, any type, or mixed in water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of each of dried thyme, rosemary and sage.
- You need 100 ml of wine, red or white.
- You need 1 cob of crusty bread.
- Prepare 1/2 head of Cabbage, any type.
The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly. Our smoky sausage casserole is a gently simmered masterpiece with an addictive crunchy breadcrumb topping. This hearty one-pot uses sweet smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli flakes to bring a subtle warmth to the dish. Grill until the topping is golden and crisp.
Sausage Casserole, for 2 instructions
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan or deep-sided frying pan and fry the sausages gently for 10 minutes, turning every now and then until nicely browned all over. Add the bacon pieces and fry until they begin to brown and crisp..
- Add the onions to the pan and fry over a medium heat until they start to soften, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes more until the onions turn pale golden-brown, stirring frequently..
- Sprinkle over the chilli powder or smoked paprika and cook together for a few seconds longer. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and herbs. Pour over the wine, or some water if you’re not using wine, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat, cover the pan loosely with a lid and leave to simmer very gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir the beans into the casserole, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick. Meanwhile, steam the cabbage..
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt some butter over the cabbage and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve together..
This meal is well worth the effort – it's an instant winter winner. Tom Kitchin's sausage casserole has a crunchy topping and is quick, cheap and tasty. This is designed to be a low cost recipe and is suitable for batch cooking. Add onion slices, corn with liquids and tomatoes with liquids. Top with sausage slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.