Honey-Mustard Chicken. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Combine mustard, honey, and jam in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil.
Spoon honey mustard sauce over chicken: The Honey Mustard sauce for the chicken is incredibly simple to make. The base ingredients are (this will come as a surprise…) honey and mustard which are mixed in with chicken broth and slightly thickened with flour or cornstarch / cornflour. It tastes tangy, sweet and it's creamy even though there is no cream in it. You can have Honey-Mustard Chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey-Mustard Chicken
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless…about 1 lbs.).
- You need 1 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (10 3/4 oz).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter or Margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Spicy Brown Mustard.
- You need 1 of *Optional: Hot Cooked Rice or Shortcut Risotto Verde (see recipe link in directions).
- You need 1 of *Optional: 1/2 teaspoon Orange Peel (grated).
The ingredients you'll need for this easy honey mustard chicken recipe are: two types of mustard, honey, chicken breasts (I used breast tenders), broccoli florets, salt and pepper, and olive oil. First, whisk together the honey and mustards until combined. Set this aside for the time being, as you'll be adding it to the chicken later. How to make honey mustard chicken Season the chicken on both sides and add it to a hot pan with olive oil.
Honey-Mustard Chicken instructions
- Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Wipe out skillet..
- In same skillet, combine soup, mayonnaise, honey, and mustard (and orange peel, if using). Heat to boiling, return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink), stirring occasionally..
- To serve, arrange chicken over rice or risotto. Stir sauce and spoon over chicken. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347450-shortcut-risotto-verde.
- *** Recipe originates from Campbell's " Fabulous One-Dish Recipes" cookbook (1992) ***.
Brown on both sides and set aside. The chicken won't be fully cooked here. In a large bowl, mix together honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir well to coat the chicken in the marinade. Grill or bake chicken however you'd like.