☆ Green Bean Casserole. Low Prices on Green Pan Casserole. Scoop out the veg onto a plate. Fresh mushrooms, onion, and herbs with frozen green beans, sour cream, and cheddar cheese make this a delightfully tasty twist on the traditional casserole.
Place green beans and soup in a large microwave-safe bowl. Transfer green bean mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle with French fried onions and remaining cheese. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. You can cook ☆ Green Bean Casserole using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ☆ Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Green beans (Fresh or Frozen).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 of Yellow onion – diced.
- You need 6 slice of Bacon – diced.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sour cream.
- Prepare 6 dash of Fresh black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of Cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Prepare 1 packages of French Onions.
Salt generously and add the green beans. Blanch for several minutes before draining into a colander. Take the casserole out of the oven and sprinkle the remaining crispy onions over the top. Make this easy green bean and mushroom casserole as a veggie side to accompany a main course.
☆ Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 375' Blanche your Green beans for 8 mins in boiling water then drop them in a bowl of Ice water..
- While that's happening add butter to saute pan – then diced onions and bacon. Cook until bacon is done..
- In a medium mixing bowl add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cooked onions/bacon and pepper to taste. Then add in the green beans, mix until coated then transfer into caserole dish..
- Spread cheddar cheese and french onions evenly over the top. Bake for 30mins until bubbly and golden brown. Bon Appétit :).
Just a few small tweaks make this a vegan green bean casserole, but no one wiletast the difference! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A family favorite for years, this special green bean recipe is a cinch to double and can be assembled ahead. This scaled-down green bean casserole recipe takes a spin on. Green Bean casserole without cream of mushroom soup. Whisk over heat for a minute to cooke the flour.