Green Bean Casserole. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Scoop out the veg onto a plate. Fresh mushrooms, onion, and herbs with frozen green beans, sour cream, and cheddar cheese make this a delightfully tasty twist on the traditional casserole.
Place green beans and soup in a large microwave-safe bowl. Transfer green bean mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle with French fried onions and remaining cheese. Just a few small tweaks make this a vegan green bean casserole, but no one wiletast the difference! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You can cook Green Bean Casserole using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Bean Casserole
- Prepare 4 can of French Style Green beans, drained.
- It’s 2 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of French Fried Onions.
A family favorite for years, this special green bean recipe is a cinch to double and can be assembled ahead. This scaled-down green bean casserole recipe takes a spin on. Make this easy green bean and mushroom casserole as a veggie side to accompany a main course. A casserole is an easy-to-prep, classic American comfort food.
Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a baking pan, mix the green beans, mushroom soup, and pepper. Blend till well mixed..
- Bake for 45 minutes..
- The last 5 minutes of baking, add the cheese and finish baking for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted on top..
- sprinkle french style onions over top crushing them..
- Enjoy. Great for holiday gatherings..
Serve one of the best variations on green bean casserole at your next holiday. If using fresh or frozen green beans, boil just until tender crisp. Green Bean casserole without cream of mushroom soup. Whisk over heat for a minute to cooke the flour. You can make green bean casserole with canned green beans, fresh green beans, or frozen green beans.