Broccoli Salad. Find A Huge Selection Of Recipes Combine broccoli with other veg, grains, pasta and protein for salads bursting with flavour and texture – perfect for lunch or as a side. Add the cooled pickled onion, reserving the pickling liquid. Finely slice the bacon and fry on a medium heat with a small splash of olive oil until crisp and golden, then spoon most of the bacon bits over your broccoli.
Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-size slices. Combine with the bacon, raisins, your favorite nuts and mix well. For the salad, place the broccoli in a pan and cover with water. You can cook Broccoli Salad using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Salad
- Prepare 3 lbs of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1.5 cups of plain greek yogurt.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need Half of a bag of Kraft shredded fat free cheddar.
- Prepare 10 slices of turkey bacon.
Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and salt. Add the broccoli, onions, and cranberries and toss to coat. Place the almonds and pepitas on the baking sheet, toss with the tamari, maple syrup, and smoked paprika and spread into a thin layer.
Broccoli Salad step by step
- Wash your broccoli and make sure they're small bite size pieces. Place your broccoli in a large bowl..
- Heat up your pan. Add bacon and cook for a few minutes each so that they're nice and crispy..
- While the bacon is cooking, mix Greek yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk together until well blended..
- Remove bacon and place on cutting board. Chop up the bacon into small pieces. It should easily crumble..
- Add yogurt mixture, bacon, and cheese to bowl. Mix everything up until the broccoli is evenly coated..
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!.
Whisk until the mixture is well blended. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing. Broccoli Salad is a quick summer salad chock full of fresh crisp broccoli, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits. It's all tossed in a creamy homemade dressing. Since it's best made ahead of time (and everyone raves over this recipe), it is the perfect potluck dish, great for any gathering or bbq.