Grandma's Taco Salad. Chop all the fresh vegetables to the desired size for a salad. In a separate, small mixing bowl, mix the Italian salad dressing, the soured cream and the taco seasoning together until thoroughly blended. Pour on top of the salad and toss together until evenly distributed throughout.
It is easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. Grandma's Taco Salad is something that I've loved my entire life. You can cook Grandma's Taco Salad using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Taco Salad
- It’s 1 packages of ground chicken (or turkey or beef).
- Prepare 1 packages of Taco Seasoning (or see my recipe for it).
- Prepare of lettuce.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of olives.
- It’s of salsa.
- It’s of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need of salt.
They are fine and they look wonderful. Its so simple and so amazing. I use fresh cracked pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Add a small jar of salsa, kidney beans (drained and rinsed) and cook until the beans are warm, just a couple minutes.
Grandma's Taco Salad step by step
- Heat a skillet on high (on stovetop).
- When warm, add package of ground chicken (or meat of your choice) to the iron skillet.
- Cook completely.
- When cooked add taco seasoning and a cup of water.
- Simmer on low for a minute or two.
- Rinse lettuce and put on plate.
- Add meat on top.
- Add salsa, olives, and sour cream and salt if wanted.
- Mix together and enjoy!.
Ground turkey is also great in this recipe just season it well please. Turn off the heat and allow to cool. RECIPE: https://iambaker.net/taco-salad/ I never have to deal with leftovers when I make this for dinner! Cook the ground beef, canned chilies and taco seasoning in a skillet until the meat is completely browned and the liquid from the chilies has evaporated. Place it in the refrigerator and let it cool down until it is completely cold.