Apple cake. Low Prices on Dorset Apple Cake. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Bake one of our moist and fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more.
Make this apple cake in autumn when local apples are at their best. A light sponge cake is topped with apples, sugar and cinnamon before being baked to perfection. Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside. You can cook Apple cake using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple cake
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of tspn baking soda.
- You need of cinnamon.
- You need of tspn salt.
- You need of honey.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of tspn vanilla extract.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of granny smith apples crushed.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar,. Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry mix. Michelin-starred chef Frances Atkins' recipe for apple and olive oil cake is a (slightly) healthy alternative to the usual sugar and butter filled cakes.
Apple cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 180 c or 350f.
- Butter your baking tin.
- Measure all ingredients.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well..
- In another bowl beat butter and honey well..
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add in one by one as you beat well. Add vanilla extract..
- Add half the milk and continue beating..
- Start adding the flour in bits as mix using a spatula.if mixture is too thick add remaining milk and mix..
- Lastly add the crushed apples and incorporate them slowly..
- Pour mixture in baking tin.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes..
- Serve while warm with Juice..
- Cooking Tip: always use Baking Soda alongside an acid such as vinegar or orange juice or any acidic element because its a base and needs something to react with..
Naturally sweetened with sultanas and featuring olive oil instead of butter or margarine, this cake is then topped with a crunchy walnut topping and can be served with apple puree and cream. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended, then beat for a minute. Spread half this mixture in the prepared tin. Begin by sifting the flour, baking powder and spices into a roomy mixing bowl, lifting the sieve quite high to give the flour a good airing as it goes down.