Purple Sweet Potato Bread. So feel free to use whichever one you can get. This purple sweet potato bread can actually be made into smaller sweet rolls and baked in a baking pan. Mash with potato riser or folk.
So far I've jazzed up my favourite recipe for soft and fluffy honey buns with green onion and pork floss, kabocha and sweet potato. Once the purple sweet potato bread dough is formed, it should be pretty easy to handle, use as much flour as you need to so it doesn't stick everywhere. But keep in mind that you don't want to add too much which will dry out the final product. You can have Purple Sweet Potato Bread using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Purple Sweet Potato Bread
- It’s of Dough.
- It’s 120 g of warm coconut milk (typically sold in can).
- Prepare 4 g (1 tsp) of granulated sugar, for yeast.
- You need 3 g (1 tsp) of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 of large yolk.
- Prepare 290 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 30 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 g (1/2 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 35 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 222 g of purple sweet potato, peeled.
- It’s 70 g of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 37 g of coconut milk (typically sold in can).
Oiling your hands can also help prevent sticking while shaping and forming the ball of dough. Typically, you bake dinner rolls in a glass baking. Cooked purple sweet potato Allow the potato mash to cool to room temperature before using it in your bread. More or less makes small difference.
Purple Sweet Potato Bread step by step
- Dough: Dilute 1 teaspoon of sugar into warm milk (about 110°F/43°C). Stir in the yeast and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes until it is foamy. If it is not foamy, the yeast is no longer active and unfortunately cannot be used. Whisk in eggs into the yeast mixture to combine..
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture and mix until it becomes a dough..
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. Wrap and knead the softened butter into the dough until it is fully incorporated. It will be messy at first but as long as we keep kneading, the dough will become less greasy and easier to handle. Knead until it becomes smooth, elastic, and not sticky (10-15 minutes)..
- Round the dough and grease it with vegetable oil. Place in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let it rest in a warm area until doubled in size (about an hour)..
- Filling: Cut the sweet potato into smaller chunks. Steam for 10 minutes or until soft (a fork can go through easily). Mash them with a fork or potato masher. Then combine thoroughly with the other ingredients..
- Shaping: Punch out the air inside the dough and transfer it onto the work surface. Roll into a 12×16 inch (30×40 cm) rectangle..
- Spread the sweet potato filling throughout the surface. Cut the dough in half lengthwise to get 2 equal portions of 6×16 inch. Carefully stack one on top of the other..
- From the short edge, roll the dough until the end to form a short thick log. Slice it into 4 equal portions. Arrange them, cut-side down, in a 9×6 inch (23×15 cm) loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Cover with a damp cloth or a plastic wrap and proof for 1 hour..
- Brush the top of the dough with egg wash (lightly beaten egg). Then bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 40-45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Then remove the bread from its pan to cool completely..
Roasted purple sweet potato yields a moist, flavorful loaf that works for both sweet and savory uses. You might just crush this one fresh out the breadmaker, though." – Chef Lester Walker. Purple Sweet Potato Fries Pack Momma. Bread ID: PURPLE SWEET POTATO TOAST : Whether you're looking for a bread as breakfast, lunch, dinner or tea time. You won't regret on picking this bread.