Black Iron Mexican Rice. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, green chiles, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Add the garlic, salt, and cumin and stir the rice til it looks golden. Add the tomato sauce and chicken broth and turn the heat up to medium high. Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to turn golden brown. You can cook Black Iron Mexican Rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Iron Mexican Rice
- You need 1 cup of White Rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 1 of Bullion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Minced.
- You need 4 ounches of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried Minced Onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Tsp Ground Cumin.
The toastier your rice, the tastier it will be (information gleaned from my friend, via her grandma of course). Season with paprika, cumin, bouillon, salt and pepper, add in the jalapenos or chili powder if using. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. You can easily turn this Mexican Rice into Mexican Rice and Beans, just like I do with my Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans recipe.
Black Iron Mexican Rice step by step
- In a medium fry pan brown the rice with 1 Tbsp Oil..
- Add the chicken bullion cube too 2 Cup Water. Microwave 3 minutes..
- After rice is brown pour in the hot chicken broth, stir..
- Lower flame too low, add remaining ingredients, stir well..
- Add lid and let simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed..
Simply rinse and drain your beans thoroughly and add them to the pot when you add the chicken broth and simmer away. You can use your favorite beans but I think black beans pair the best with this recipe. This recipe for Mexican rice and beans is a low-effort tasty dish. Can be eaten as a meal in itself, or served as an excellent side to any Mexican-American food. Top with Cheddar, American, Parmesan, or any other cheese of choice, if desired.